Monday, August 23, 2010

The End Is Near

Wow.  I am finally on the tail end of this thing, and I hesitate saying it, but I think I may make it afterall.  I am on the verge of starting week six flying solo, with hopefully no more than two weeks to go.  And I am tired.  Exhausted, really.

I must say, though, I am nervous for the transition back to married life and co parenting.  As difficult as it has been, there have definitely been some sweet moments that have kept me going.  Wren has begun saying, "Mommy, I love you very much," multiple times a day, most often around 2:00am. 4:00am, and 5:30am when I let her sleep in my room.  Almost every day she begs me for a playdate, and as a very lonely mom, I readily agree and get to watch her face light up wtih excitement.  With only one adult to feed, it is rare that I am motivated enough to cook, so I get by on take out and healthy snacks.  I also have had the benefit of incredible friends that have generously shared their culinary expertise with us.   

Yes, when Wren's daddy returns, there is a good chance that all three of us will be in for a rude awakening.  It is all worth it, though, if I can just sleep for a day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't think you'll actually get to sleep for a day, but maybe an extra few hours :) Girl, you are an inspiration. Seriously. I complain about 'tantrum land' over here, but your amazingly bright and determined girl gives you a run for your money daily. God knows what He's doing when He doles out parents. You rock.

    ReplyDelete