Wednesday, March 4, 2020

10 Years Later...

Avoiding my work, I decided to clear out the bookmarks in my web browser. I came across this blog and became a little melancholy. Just a little though. It might be the lack of sleep. But I remembered that writing was something I enjoyed at one point. My daugher (now 10 years older) wants to be a writer, and I am constantly talking her out of it. Accounting, engineering, web designing, these are jobs. Writing is a hobby that will never pay the bills. Is my blatant disregard of her dreams ironic? I always get it confused with the Alanis Morisette song that everyone says misuses the word. 

Anyway... still procrastinating, I decided to read my blogs and started a full blown pity party of 1. It has been 10 years, and in that time, I have forgotten these little moments with my daughter. Now these 10 years have been packed full of chaos. Multiple moves, jobs, and life events. The adoption of my youngest daughter, now 9 years old. Yes, I am now a mom of two, which is humorous because we all know I did not quite know how to be a mom of 1. 

It is easy to forget the past when we are so caught up in the present, and sometimes that is for the best. But sometimes, past moments are so sweet (or truly hilarious) that I actually want them carved in my brain. Posterity and all that. 

So I am picking this back up for now. It will be much more difficult this go around because all of my funniest stories would totally embarrass my now teenager. But hopefully, I will have something to share that will be worth reading 10 years from now when I likely pick this up again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment